Monday, June 13, 2011

Purple Rain... hmm.. Purple Art


I like purple. Not sure why I like it but they say that if you do like this color, your nature is artistic. Perhaps because this is the rarest color in the nature, and a color of royalty. For years, whenever I made purple art, I had very hard time finding a buyer. If you follow me on Facebook, you'll remember that I once had a purple art sale, that's how convinced I was that no-one will ever purchase purple artwork. I was convinced to only make purple for myself and never for others; this is one of those colors that don't generally fit into one's decor.

Then, during the month of May/June I sold several purplish art-pieces. Why all of a sudden? No idea. It's like people have all of a sudden realized that this art is awesome like it always was, just waiting for it's buyer. But all purple art sold in the same month, that is bizarre!

I want to congratulate all the buyers for their awesome selections and hope they'll enjoy this art. I like creating art, and selling is the only way I can make more. Therefore, a warm thank you to my collectors!

Which pieces have sold this month:

Purple: 40 x 30, sold to a visitor of gallery, a person who never knew me or followed my art.

Guitar: 48 x 24, sold to husband's coworker who is apparently a collector.

French Connection: 30 x 40, sold to a friend, someone who knows my art well.


No comments: